Monday, December 29, 2008

So it's been a while

Besides using the contraction it's for "it has":

Christmas this year was interesting and a bit stressful as my Grandmother had a full knee replacement. My mother ate Christmas dinner while riding the back seat of the car if that says anything.

But continuing on the "it's been a while" theme, I highly recommend time to time digging out those old things from yesteryear and letting them bless you in a new kind of way. In my case I mean Christian Rock from my childhood (aka Petra, Steven Curtis Chapman, etc.). Besides my love for the eighties rock groove, I had little idea of the impact these songs were having on me at the young tender age of 5, 6 and so on.

My favorite has to Petra's "He Came, He Saw, He Conquered." I think as a child the rockin' groove made me fall in love with it, however now 20 years later I can't help but love the theology in this eighties synth loving Rock tune...rather Christ loving Rock tune. All I can say is that this song lifts up and magnifies Christ and glorifies Him. Thank you Momma for buying me all those cassettes of Petra, it truly had more of an effect than you or I dreampt of.

It is has been a while for you, take a journey down the road of yesteryear. Especially at the beginning of this new year, look back recent and far and thank the Lord for where He has brought you from. Thank Him for the hard times, good times, 80's Christian Rock, VBS songs, and the places He has yet to take us. Let us be faithful.

No comments: