Sunday, November 9, 2008

Nakedness

Yes, the name of the blog is different...I named my current journal "Journey," as I was in one of those dark nights of the soul type times. Silly me thought "Oh this journey will soon come to an end and I will be at the same place for the rest of my life." (Or something about that kind of.) The more I have grown the more and more I realize that this journal and this time was only the fledgling toddler steps to a much greater, harder, and life long journey. Who would have thought...or rather why didn't I know it? But that is the short story of why the name change. Though this still be the place for me to hang all of these hats in my head, it is about the journey as well. Now to the real post:

The following is an excerpt from my journal entitled nakedness:

July 11th 2007,

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks of Jesus actually being naked on the cross. I don't know, but I have to ask the question: Among the horrid brutality of crucifixion and the humility of being nailed up stark naked, is there not an awesome beauty to be seen?
Here is the Son of God (God in flesh) stripped naked for the world to see. Nakedness is most often reserved for intimacy with those we are closest with, wife and husband. Here is the bridegroom of the church laying it out, bearing it all (in both senses of the word). Nakedness screaming out "I love you, I love you!" both to the Father and to us. Trasparent, overt, naked and unashamed love. (Note Genesis when Adam and Eve felt shame when they knew sin...Christ loved perfectly, yet "He who knew no sin became sin on our behalf that in Him we may become the righteousness of God.") Brutal yes, fierce yes, naked yes. But as much as evil was plotted, Righteousness, Love, and Hope were even more brutally, fiercely and nakedly exposed. Beautiful nakedness, that Jesus would stay there stretched out and exposed to proclaim His love and save my soul.
------

So there it is.
Let us fix our eyes upon Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith. Who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the thrown of God.
Have a great one,
Christopher

No comments: