Sunday, November 30, 2008

Does not your Heavenly Father care...

Today was one of those days where you fight discouragement from the moment you crawl out of bed. I so wanted to be cheery and rejoicing...I was trying, but it was a fight. So, I got in the car and drove to church as I am prone to do on Sunday.

I parked in my normal area of the normal parking lot I use, grabbed Bible and proceeded to exit car, when I noticed what I was walking on. It was a wonderful sea full of multitudinous colors of leaves. (The picture does about 9% of the justice of what really it looked like) My first feeling was "Wow, incredible...incredible that I get to walk on this." Shortly this I was reminded of this truth:

"See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?" (Matthew 6:28b-30 NIV)

It hit me like a brick. Why do I worry, or fear, or not trust? He has clothed this tree in leaves to provide a carpet for my footsteps and yet not one of these leaves touches the ground without His knowing. How much more does he care about me and my every footstep, feeling, heartbeat, and heartache? He knows all my heart holds and all that assails me and cares for me. "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?" (Romans 8:35 NIV)

I hope that have an excellent day and as the advent season is soon upon us join me in praying that the mystery and joy of the incarnation of Jesus Christ in human form will rock your world as never before. Also that we would shine Jesus to others especially during this time of year.

Christopher

No comments: